Monday, March 7, 2011

Eras in Style Fashion Show

This weekend I attended the Eras in Style Fashion Show in Westchester. It was a show of 7 different young and new designers presenting their fall/winter 2011 collections themed after different eras in fashion. The first designer was Maurice Hamlin who showcasted the African Stone Age which means we saw a lot of light beige colors and some designs were like out of the Fred Firestone cartoon show.

(Pictures by Marco Sagliocco)

Austin Paul who gave us the journey of the Herum Pant followed right after.


This I actually liked and see it possible to wear on the streets. Nice Abs too :)                       


Five more designers showed eras like the 50s, 70s, 80s & 90s. See yourself:


The guidance through the show was done by two funny ladies who really knew how to keep the crowd entertained. The show was not to be compared to any of the shows I attended in the city of course and the clothes no potential for my clients but for a first time run for these young newcomers it was a well done performance. Good luck to all.

3 comments:

  1. I attended this event as well and i thought it was very well put together taking in account that this was each designers first time presenting collections on the Runway. You can not compare this show to a show in New York its a completely different caliber of show in the Big Apple. This was a beautiful venue, there were plenty of sponsors on hand (I.E. Vitamin Water), and the producer of the show was able to secure two professional models (Danielle & Dante) from Wilhelmina models. All in all it is my opinion that for a first time production it was well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the show was great! I also agree that it can't be compared to NYC because those people are very experienced. If we look into those famous designer's past I don't think we will find a show that was as well executed as this. The producer did a great job in booking a nice tasteful venue. I also liked Maurice's line. He had a theme and stuck with it while also adding a little new age flare. Some designer's pick a theme and go way of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is exactly what I wrote. For a first time run it was very well done and I agree, the venue was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete