Wednesday, February 23, 2011

House of Jola - Couture Fashion Week 2011

The second show I saw at Couture Fashion week was from designer Joan Okorodudu aka House of Jola from Nigeria. Joan was Miss Nigeria Kaduna zone and Miss Nigera 1st runner in 1981 next to being a designer. Definitely a VERY colorful collection. We could see a lot of summery colors like pink, green, yellor, purple, orange and many more with a lot of quillings, sequined fabrics with different patterns, long and short dresses, very intersting. Sometimes I felt like back in the old times in New Orleans with the style of long dresses. What was weird though that the three male models she had were simply dressed in jeans and a summer shirt and running around with a paper bag. I did not really get what that was supposed to mean but anyway. Have a look yourself.











For more pictures please visit my Facebook page I-dress You-impress or click this link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100002038614690&aid=18278

I saw some really crazy shoes (see on my Facebook site). Amazing creativity. Unfortunately, one pair was really difficult to walk on the model actually almost fell. Poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment