Monday, September 12, 2011

Custo Barcelona - "Tripolar"

After Yigal's show in MPD I headed over to Lincoln Center to see Custo Barcelona's "Tripolar" collection. When I came to the backstage entrance, Diane von Fuerstenberg was just leaving from her show. She looked fabulous. I admire her fashion style. A lovely lady called Petra who is Custo's German PR agent got me in backstage which was an amazing experience. Backstage you really get that fashion-fast paced-stressful-behind the scenes-feeling of fashion week.With one third of area beeing occupied by make-up artist, the second third with hairstylists and third part with the dressing room where I met Custo. He was so calm that you could totally have forgotten that he has a big show going on in only 60 minutes. I asked him for a picture which he agreed to immediately and as I was by myself he asked his assistant to take it. How nice. Thanks.

Custo & Me Backstage



Model Andrej Pejic

It was very exciting for me to see all the action in the background. Every model had its own clothing assigned to them with pictures of the outfit. I talked to a bunch of German media people and met second contestant from Germany's Next Topmodel, Rebecca Mir. Very sweet girl.



After an hour of observing the backstage vibe with celebrities like Ashley Tisdale showing up, I took my place for runway show. I have seen the outfits before but they look so much better on the models which walked fast paced to some vibrant music. The line name "Tripolar" results out of three ascending groups, each with its own unique theme, creating triple personality. The first group 'Dual' offered androgynous casual looks for both women and men, dominated by contemporary graphics. 'Kaleidoscopio' as the second group featured patchwork fabrics (typical for Custo), assembled to create a geometrical universe inspired by the kaleidoscope. And as final group 'Mirame' featuring evening wear. These pieces are created with 3-D technology seen on long and short dresses, shorts, tops and swimwear. So 3-D made it from the movie world into the fashion world. Who would have thought that?

Loved the show, loved Custo, loved everything. Great finale for my Sunday at Fashion Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment