Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Saturday - NY Fashion Week

For me the second day of fashion week with a scheduled show from PLITZS at 7pm. I decided to meet up with my friends Kerri and Georgi before at Moma PS1 as it was the last day they had their 'Warm-up' event before the saison ends and I just love that place. Not only the music is always great but also the crowd. You can say it's a fashion show on its own. People there are beautiful, a little crazy sometimes and creative in their outfits. I loved one guy's outfit, pink pants with pink shirt. Well, I would probably not recommend it to any of my clients but it looked great on him.
Always fun and interesting at that place!

Anyway, it was time for me to leave to attend PLITZS' fashion show at 7pm in the city. My outfit during the day of course was different from the one I wanted to wear to the show so I needed to find a place to change which usually shouldn't have been a problem but I had no time to loose. I went into my car and started changing clothes while driving or whenever there was a red light and I stopped. Not so easy, let me tell you, but I managed and even without anybody seeing what I was doing, at least, that's what I thought.

Finding a parking spot on that street was like a miracle and I was so happy. I rushed to the entrance and saw this guy with at least 10 inches of blue hair standing up in his punk hairstyle. I guess, I am right here. But entering the building was not as much fun. It was such a tiny stairwell that you can barely pass one person and let me tell you, it was PACKED and hot like hell, no air conditioning. No, no way I am waiting here. I had the excuse that I am Media/Press and pushed my way through two stories up. Puhhhh. Upstairs at least you could breathe and I took my seat. The designers were all newcomers and beginners trying to fight their way into the world of fashion or how you could call it too, this tank full of sharks. Not easy, so I can only imagine how nervous they were backstage. Unfortunately, the technical setup was not finished yet so I spent one hour waiting for the show to start, so what was I rushing for again?

The show started with newcomer SofistaFunk and without having big expectations I was pleasantly surprised. She had some really intersting designs for the girls. Men were more on the 'normal' side with sweaters and pants. But also the girls wore a lot sweaters buttomed up in the back, puffy skirts and dresses, high waist pants and skirts again and mostly black and white as colors. It was not really a 'ready-to-wear' line but definitely creative. Good job.







With Avril Lemieux's "Alicat" line I felt like I am watching demons and the music from the movie "The 5th Element" matched very well. Wow, some really couragous outfits and some that are actually possible to be worn on the street with necklace like chains on the back of the dresses. Men were walking topless, nice to look at for the ladies and some models wore a piece of jewelry that I hadn't seen before. It was a chain going around the ears going toward the mouth which actually reminded me of these outside wearing bracelets. Hmmm, didn't like that so much but I appreciated the creativity.




Next up was Donnastella Designs which was not bad. Very colorful with yellow combined with silver, royal blue and green. Her designs ranged from classy to very sexy. My favorite piece was the silk-like fabric green-white Overall.




This was definitely a good start for a newcomer designer and I wish all of them good luck for their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment